In business, it is not just a matter of doing a good job. It is also important for people to know what you do, and where to find you. This is especially important if your business has a brick and mortar location and needs to get the word out into your community. Of course, in a day where the Internet makes it possible to promote your business on any number of platforms to people all around the globe, one may think that the “old school” methods of advertising such as custom printed products are unnecessary. Nothing could be further from the truth!
But how do you determine what custom printed items are best for your business? Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
1. Is it a product that people will use? Consider having your name printed on products such as notepads and fridge magnets. These items will be seen often, as they are practical for everyday use.
2. Vehicle magnets – If you are a smaller business, a construction company, a repair company or any number of home based business, then it can sometimes be difficult to get the word out about what you have to offer. However, a custom printed door sign for your vehicle provides mobile advertising at its best.
3. Business cards – Even with the long reaching arms of the Internet, the business card is still a vital tool for businesses of every size. Your business card is tangible reminder to people of who you are, what you have to offer and where to find you. But even more fun, today’s business cards don’t have to be basic and perhaps boring. Today, you can choose from a rainbow of colors, a variety of shapes, sizes and even textures, so you can create a custom printed business card that is more than just something with your name on it.
4. Door hangers – Have a special event coming up that you want to promote? Custom printed door hangers are still a great way to get the word out.
5. Envelopes and stationary – These tried and true items are still valuable in business. Don’t deem them useless just because so much work is done on a computer. Custom printed writing material is still in use and goes a long way toward establishing your business as professional.
6. Brochures – Not every business is blessed with, or has room in the budget, for a full time graphics person but that doesn’t mean one can’t have great looking custom printed brochures. A professional print company can help you have great looking printed materials any time you need them.
Today’s businesses, in order to be successful, need to keep a balance of Web-based promotions and print media. When it comes to printing, there are many options from which to choose. It is merely a matter of deciding what items will best suit your needs.