The DC Ops Shift Lead is responsible for monitoring systems availability in the data center and working with relevant teams to fix any systems failures.
Our client is a well back, leading government organisation that is currently undergoing a period of high growth.
* Data Center Environmental Monitoring, Testing, Identify, logs, and report System failure to appropriate support personnel
* Communicating status and alerts to all relevant departments and escalating issues to on call L2 & L3 infrastructure support personnel
* Monitor Systems Availability in the Data Center and report System failure to appropriate support personnel
* Monitor System Backup logs
* Plan routine maintenance, performing administration tasks, perform precautionary system maintenance following L2 & L3 infrastructure support guidelines
* Handle IT Service Desk calls after working hours and/or in weekends
* Monitor Network Availability – Network Operations Center (NOC)
* Provide back-up assistance to the Technical Service Desk by answering calls and resolving customer issues
* Highly competitive salary package on offer for the right candidate
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent relevant work experience and/or hardware/software certification(s).
* 5+ years of professional IT experience providing Data Center Operations and Management and support.
* Good experience of Manage Engine ITSM & OpManager Products and Tools
* Working knowledge of network standards/procedures and telecommunications trouble-shooting
* Have excellent knowledge about network infrastructure, operating systems and hardware deployment
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.