VAC7915 – Director Digital
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit
Ooredoo’s Consumer business unit is a critical part of the company’s first line customer facing activities for all consumer product offerings and has a significant role to play in long term business value creation through product design, achievement of sales revenue, profit and customer satisfaction, as defined in the annual business plans. One of the main pillars of the Ooredoo Qatar’s strategy is Digital Transformation.
The most important element of the Digital Transformation is “Transforming the Core”. This means making it easy for customers to find, buy and use our services online. The core focus of this unit is to help the Ooredoo Qatar make it easy for customer to find, buy and use our services online. This means helping them improve their Digital Marketing, Sales and Care skills and execution.
About the Role
This role is responsible for all deliverables of the Digital team within Consumer Commercial in the areas of Digital Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Care and potentially other adjacent digital areas, by bringing world-class expertise to drive the digital transformation & thereby increase the value of Ooredoo Qatar.
• You should have at least 12 years’ experience with prior experience as Chief Digital Officer or Head of Digital in a leading Telco or other ‘product/service’ organization or as a Country head of an ecommerce company (e.g., Alibaba, amazon)
• Good knowledge of telecoms products and services
• A strong commercial and technical background
• Experience in managing cross-functional teams and suppliers and a track record in bringing products to market
• Strong technical understanding
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.