At Amazon, we are looking for an experienced Facilities coordinator to join our team in one of our automated and dynamic Fulfillment center.
The Facilities coordinator is the direct superior of the Facilities team. Ensures safety focus by training, developing and coaching the team. Takes care of the high availability of the FC equipment by ensuring that all preventive maintenance is carried out and internal processes and procedures are created / maintained.
· Lead, support and mentor the team based on identified barriers that ensures the team is working safely, with high standards and effectively.
· Ensure team expertise through training.
· Identifying root causes of problems and providing remedies
· Main deputy for the facility manager when he/she is not on site.
· Ensure, in cooperation with the team, compliance with safety regulations and record-keeping of activities performed
· Implement Amazon standards and focus on preventive maintenance to ensure a high level of equipment availability for our internal customers.
· Manage and support the training program for the team.
· Manage local projects and support construction projects assigned by the manager.
· Be prepared to work shifts to stay in touch with your team and your daily work.
Amazon is looking for Facilities coordinator to lead the team at our Fulfillment Center in Cairo. The Facilities Coordinator will support the Facilities Manager in all daily business activities as well as project initiatives and will lead a team of Facilities and Service Technicians.
· Dedicated to supporting multi-site production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
· Develop and design solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
· Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to achieve departmental and distribution goals.
· Ensuring that all safety programs and procedures are followed, develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations.
· Help to develop, set and track budgets.
· Mentor all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
· The Facilities Area Manager promotes and conducts good housekeeping.
· Develop training plans for facilities and service technicians.
· Develop Preventive Maintenance Programs.
· Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials, with the team
· Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot photo eye components, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, servo drives and frequency inverters etc. With the team
· Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels in the organization.
· Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance.
· A completed bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Automation) from an accredited university.
· Extensive practical experience in the field of engineering, including a supervisory role in people management for 4-5 years.
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in the following areas (Automated conveyors systems and controls, Preventive maintenance procedures and Industrial Electrical, Controls, Electronics and PC Literature)
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
· Experience of working in accordance with relevant health and safety standards and regulations.
· excellent work and computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
· Full practical knowledge of all specialized machinery and equipment within the Fulfillment center as well as knowledge of maintenance and safety procedures.
· knowledge of CMMS programs,
· Experience with Kaizen and LEAN methodologies.
· Experience with PLC based control systems.
· Project management experience.
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.