• To deliver a broad, balanced and relevant Arabic and Islamic Studies curriculum.
• To facilitate and encourage high quality learning which provides children with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
• To deliver well-planned, engaging and creative Arabic and Islamic Studies lessons, ensuring that the needs of all children are met.
• To differentiate appropriately, using approaches that enable every student to access the learning and make excellent progress.
• To demonstrate excellent subject knowledge.
• To set students challenging targets and to draw upon varied strategies, resources and technologies to support students in achieving them.
• To follow school procedures for assessing, recording and reporting on children’s achievements and to use this information effectively to convey progress in report writing and record keeping.
• To provide students with regular written and oral feedback and encourage them to reflect and respond to their feedback.
• To participate fully in the KCD co-curricular and school activity programme.
We want our Head of Arabic to be someone who:
• Will take responsibility for designing and delivering an appropriately broad, balanced and differentiated Arabic curriculum for all pupils in the pre-prep and prep school.
• Establish common practices and a shared vision within the school’s Arabic Department.
• Monitor and evaluate the teaching and learning of Arabic throughout the School.
• Can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their pupils.
• Collaborates and is comfortable working as a team leader and a team member.
• Always set high expectations, which inspire motivate and challenge pupils.
• Ensures excellent pastoral care.
• Contributes to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
• Works cooperatively and supportively with all members of staff.
• Is prepared to go the extra mile.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies from a good university. (E)
• Post Graduate Certificate of Education (or equivalent). (E)
• Qualified Teacher Status. (E)
• Evidence of further post graduate study. (D)
Established in Qatar in 2016, King’s College Doha is quickly becoming the country’s premier choice for families looking for a first-class independent British-curriculum school here; the only school in the area to benefit from specialist teachers, from Pre-School right the way through to Year 7, with Years 5 to 7 receiving 100% specialist teaching for each subject. Our purpose-built school welcomes pupils from age 3 to 13 – with imminent plans to expand that offer all the way to A level.
King’s is the sister school of the prestigious King’s College Taunton and is recommended by Doha parents as “A true diamond in the desert” for its prep-school values, first-class teachers, facilities and enviable enrichment programmes, which are woven into the curriculum as an essential part of the school day.