Main Purpose of The Job:
To be responsible for the school’s overall health & safety procedures, ensuring compliance with KHDA, DHA and Civil Defense policies & regulations. To provide HSE advice and support to the school teams, in order to facilitate a safe environment for students, parents and staff.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Support the school in the planning, coordination and implementation of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that school objectives are met.
• Provide support to the school Management team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
• Ensure HSE compliance at the school premises and perform regular HSE inspections on all activities.
• Work closely with the school support manager in order to facilitate effective health and safety for students, parents and staff.
• To develop and deliver specific health and safety related training sessions to staff as required.
• Support on the development and implementation of risk assessments within schools.
• Support on the development of HSE policies and procedures and review existing policies and procedures.
• Conduct HSE accident investigations and develop accident investigation reports for senior management. Support on the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
• Dealing with staff and student complaints / concerns regarding facility safety.
• Attending training as required from different governmental authorities and the school.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Principal.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the same role (preferably in the Education sector).
• Preferably a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• H&S related qualification.
• Knowledge of HSE Management Systems
• An excellent team player.
• Time Management.
• Planning, Organising and Coordinating skills.
• English (Fluent).
The Beaconhouse group has almost 308,000 fulltime students in eight countries and is possibly the largest school network of its kind in the world. Established in November 1975 as the Les Anges Montessori Academy with 19 toddlers, Beaconhouse has since grown into an international network of private schools, imparting distinctive and meaningful learning to students all the way from birth – through its partnership in Pakistan with Gymboree Play & Music – to post-graduation, through Concordia Colleges and the Beaconhouse National University.
Of these students, close to 101,000 study at the group’s flagship network, the Beaconhouse School System, in Pakistan as well as overseas, while the remaining are largely enrolled at The Educators, a parallel school network operated by the group.
The Beaconhouse of today is thus much more than just a stand-alone school. Through distinct and independent divisions across multiple destinations including the UK, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Belgium, it caters to the education and training needs of a large and diverse group of individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and nationalities, with its activities also extending beyond education in some countries.