IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you passionate about DevOps, Software Engineering and Continuous Delivery? Are you a collaborator, someone willing to learn from within IBM and more importantly adopt best practices from outside of IBM, an Agile practitioner with a willingness to jump in and figure out complex technical problems, with a focus on delivering results?
This position is to join the IBM Expert Labs organisation as a Hybrid Cloud Integration Intern. You will be responsible to plan, implement, and support DevOps activities on the technical platform. The role is to cover all administration activities of the tools deployed on the platform. This also requires knowledge of IBM Cloud Private & Cloud Paks with extra emphasis on toolchains. Some knowledge of other open source tools on IBM Cloud is absolutely a plus.
Your day in the role will include
– Responsible for low level tools and automation design and delivery.
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile delivery environment.
– Experience installing and administering multiple industry leading DevOps tools.
– Ability to document as-is process and architectures based on face-to-face interviews.
– Demonstrable experience of differentiating expertise in 1 or more DevOps technologies.
– Ability to draw up complete DevOps architecture based on reference model, and demonstrate adherence with other technology architecture domains such as security, HA, DR, etc.
– Creation of effort and cost estimates for small delivery teams.
– Ability to drive completion of small DevOps strategy initiatives, including maturity assessment, roadmap creation, future blueprint.
– Ability to train internal or client teams in DevOps practices, acting as Scrum Master when required.
You will come with the following expertise:
– Creation and enhancement of Continuous Integration automation across multiple platforms including Java, Nodejs, and Swift.
– Creation and enhancement of Continuous Deployment automation built on Docker and Kubernetes.
– Creation and enhancement of dynamic monitoring and alerting solutions using industry leading services.
– Developing automation to ensure security across a geographically dispersed hosting environment.
How we’ll help you grow:
– You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
– You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
– You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
– Bachelor degree of computer science , computer engineering or similar one.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments ”with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.