Hydrology Engineer applies scientific knowledge and mathematical principles to solve water-related problems such as quantity, quality and availability. He could work on finding new water sources, predicting droughts or floods and reducing waste water.
• Studying relationships between soil and rock features, rainfall and water run-off
• Using specialist computer modelling applications
• Recording and analysing water resource systems data
• Employing statistical and hydrological modelling techniques
• Determining the most effective water management methods
• Assessing the impact of environmental changes and land use changes
• Predicting and monitoring rainfall, water yields and usage
• Liaising with clients, consultants, water regulators, researchers, external bodies and other professionals
• Managing on-site data collection
• Forecasting floods
• Producing water and drought management plans
• Ensuring appropriate regulations are implemented
• Keeping up to date with scientific and technical developments
• Making presentations
• Supervising the work of hydrometrists and other staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• 10 years of minimum relevant experience
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client’s vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).