We are seeking a suitable paediatrician to work as an Instructor in the Department of Paediatrics, at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates.
Teaching, assessment, supervision and management of the educational activities for both junior (8 weeks in year 5) and senior (4 weeks in year 6) clerkships of undergraduate medical students, which run each 5 times a year. The teaching occurs both in the College premises and in the clinical services at the SEHA facilities in Al-Ain City.
Duties of the candidate include teaching paediatrics to undergraduate medical students, as described above. Clinical services in the affiliated SEHA teaching hospitals will be related mainly to the educational activities. The candidate is expected to participate in the educational, administrative and research, activities of the Department, and also in the organization and supervision of these educational activities, when requested. English is the language of instruction and communication. The candidate will also counsel and guide our students and provide them with adequate support.
– The instructor will directly report to the Chair of the Department.
– The instructor will Supervise undergraduate medical students rotating through both paediatric clerkships.
– Supervise and teach undergraduate pre-clinical medical students in the simulation center when needed.
– Applicants must be medically qualified (M.Sc. equivalent) from a recognized college of medicine and have a specialty degree of paediatric training (preferred).
– Medical degree (M.Sc. equivalent) from a recognized college of medicine
– A specialty degree in paediatric is preferred
– Leadership and organizational skills.
– Fluency in written and spoken English
– Already registered with an active license, or able to obtain registration as a paediatric specialist by the Department of Health of Abu-Dhabi.
– Have a minimum of three years of clinical and teaching experience, preferably all in paediatrics.
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.