VAC7945 – Manager Scrum
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it’s a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo’s future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
• Coordinate and coach our digital channels development project and releases. Driving force for ensuring scrum is understood and enacted.
• Scrum master is our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. In addition to creating self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customer
• Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
• Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Manage each project’s scope and timeline
• Managing the end-to-end delivery of complex system solutions, establishing and controlling project constraints and scope
• Managing relationships and communication with all project stakeholders
• Agreeing approach to delivery within the delivery project team
• Leading and coaching the project team as appropriate and according to the needs of the individual project
• Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
• Coach team members in Agile frameworks to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
• Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from internal customers or stakeholders)
• Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
• Ensure that the scrum team adheres to scrum theory, practices and rules, and work as a servant leader within the project team.
• Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
• Help teams implement changes effectively
• Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
• Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
• Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
• Providing regular, constructive feedback to project team members and their line managers
• Providing clear ownership for and visibility of the resolution of all project risks and issues
• Lead improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the project delivery service and contribute to the identification of areas of improvement.
• Providing progress updates into the department program
• Supporting overall management of the department program
• Develop and maintain effective and proactive relationships with all customers including suppliers and third parties
• Support the Service Owner(s) for Project Delivery in maintaining and developing processes, standards, tools and reporting and their documentation and proactively reviewing the service provided to end-users and customers
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information System or Computer Science
• Required years of experience of 5-6 years based on progression ladder in the telecommunications sector
• Experience in a scrum master role
• Familiarity with software development
• Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
• Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
• Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
• Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Facilitate meetings (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective)
• Shielding the team
• Conflict resolutions
• Coaching Agile practices
• Tight grip on Agile Estimating and planning
• Removing impediments
• Creating communication channel (team, Product owner, stakeholder)
• Servant leader
• Enforcing Rules
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.