• Mechanical systems engineering personnel will be responsible for managing top level system designs, vehicle and bus configurations, ensuring physical component integrations as well as appropriate selection of materials and adequate design features to ensure mission success.
• Contribute to the mechanical design team through design updates, manufacturing, integration, and test of critical spacecraft hardware
• Contribute to component/subsystem specification verification, integration of new designs during manufacturing, and developing/releasing detailed engineering
• Investigate design factors such as equipment or part availability, manufacturability, ease of assembly, weight and cost; evaluating vendor designs; developing and maintaining all assembly and test documentation; trouble shooting and correcting anomalies and discrepant hardware
• Support development of processes and procedures for manufacturing, verification, and commissioning of tool designs
• Author work orders that interpret design engineering drawings into touch labor instructions in the engine integration build cell.
• Generate test plans, identifies and categorizes failures, determines root cause and documents results and recommendations
• Generate Finite Element Models and perform FEA for normal modes, linear static stress, elastic stability, and distortion, as well as nonlinear assessments to predict and improve structural response as needed.
• Lead mechanical sub assembly Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), developing alternative designs to satisfy mission level requirements, documenting design approaches, establishing design verification & validation
• Support the Integrated Product Team in structural engineering and analysis to ensure that the design meets all applicable requirements coordinating schedule, budget and deliverables with the IPT lead.
• Responsible for preparing and conducting system level hardware testing
• Assist thermal engineers in spacecraft and/or instrument component thermal design, analysis, hardware testing, and/or laboratory research.
• Design thermal management systems for electronics applications, including fluidic, phase change, thermoelectric, convection.
• Mechanical Engineering or related technical field required
Mechanical Engineering with the following:
• One-year undergraduate internship or “hands-on” industry experience preferred
• Skills with industry standard 3D Computer Aided Drafting software preferred
• Engineering schematic drafting and reading proficiency preferred
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.