JOB TITLE: Operator – Universal Grinder
DEPARTMENT: Machine Shop Section
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Machine Shop Supervisor
To assume the responsibility to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings and grinding methods and sequences to grind components as directed in accordance with customer and company requirements and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Operate machines to manufacture components to tight tolerances and deadlines.
– Verify fixture setup regarding grinding operations to drawing specifications.
– Install, align and secure tooling, attachments and parts on machine and balancing of grinding wheels.
– Monitor spindle position/cutting depth/speed/feed/coolant flow to detect work defects or machine malfunctions.
– Carry out in process dimensional inspections and measurements using a wide range of measuring tools.
– Manually adjust machine settings to correct malfunctions or out of tolerance machining.
– Ensure that all job related paperwork and technical reports are accurately completed and submitted.
– Maintenance of machine, tools and surrounding area.
– Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
– Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
– Maybe required to work offsite in support of the business activities.
– Candidate who can do machining of long shaft with accuracy 0.01 and concentricity 0.05 mm –
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline with a recognised apprenticeship ideally from an internationally recognised service/ repair machine-shop/ tool-room environment with 5-7 years experience.
– Must be able to machine components to high tolerances with a range of core skills, cylindrical (Internal/External), surface grinding, step diameters, compound angles, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, face plates in a range of materials and wheel selection.
– Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings.
– Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring equipment and have a proven track record in both metric and imperial dimensions in operating universal grinding machines or equivalent and be experienced in determining machine settings and correcting machine malfunctions.
– Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work.
– Must be able to work and perform under own initiative with the minimum of amount of supervision and have a flexible approach to the operation and location of different machines, equipment and working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa’s energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.