Planning Engineer, responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring of Production and execution of Projects by ensuring quality, legal aspects, cost effectiveness and timely completion of projects. Estimates a timescale for a project and to ensure that the outlined deadlines are met. Determines and develops the most suitable and economically viable construction and engineering methods for projects.
– Track record working on complex major construction projects.
– Responsible for the preparation of plans and schedules that are required to manage the project and attain target dates.
– Prepare a BOQ (bill of quantities) for each and every item that would be executed in project.
– Micro planning of each activity approved in budget, suggestion to Q.S. to increase billing of client, finalization of materials in time as per micro plan & advance forecasting of machinery & material.
– Checking time cycle of various activities to cut down execution cost, planning regarding delayed works, establishing root cause for slip & providing solutions.
– Scheduling of project work as per time allocated to complete work by client, tracking closely the progress and raising alarm, suggesting corrective measures well in advance in case project is not in schedule.
– Estimate the costing of project; hence prepare demand for manpower, material, machinery during course of project (resource scheduling).
– Finalizing vendors, it includes comparing their products/ services, bargaining rates, payment options, finalizing sub contract agreement etc.
– Submission of Daily, Weekly & Monthly Progress Reports to Monitoring Department.
– Ability to effectively apply project planning & control tools & practice
– Must have be BSC, BEng, BA (Engineering) or Equivalent.
– Minimum of 7 (seven) years of experience (required with GCC) in major road project, construction and infrastructure.
– Should be more than 10 (ten) years overall experiences.
– Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
– Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
– Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
– Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialised principles.
GEIC is one of the leading multidisciplinary consultancy offices in Doha. We have “A” Grade Registration in Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying disciplines, and we have been providing project management and engineering consultancy services since 2001 for all types of projects.
Our portfolio comprise road and highway projects, integrated infrastructure projects, building projects, logistics projects and specialized facility projects. Our main clients include governmental entities such as Ashghal, Kahramaa, Qatar Petroleum, Qatar Foundation, Msherieb Properties, and corporate/private sector clients such as Barwa, Gulf Warehousing Company, Lusail City, etc. Our company has a 200+ strong work force, consisting of qualified and experienced design engineers, supervision engineers and project managers, and we can provide a variety of services including design, supervision of construction, and project management services.