• Provides professional structural engineering support to the program with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs.
• Member of the Engineering Department professional staff supporting all MYAS projects. Reports professionally to the Section Manager.
• Interfaces with project management staff, other departments and contractors, and directs and supervises more junior engineers including Saudi National trainees.
Major Activities Performed
• Perform structural engineering work to meet the development program requirements.
• Coordinate structural engineering activities with those of other disciplines within the Engineering Department and also Royal Commission Departments as necessary.
• Provide technical advice to other sections within the MSC and also the Royal Commission.
• Prepare technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Prepare Request For Proposal (RFP) documents with design concept.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Review A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals and coordinate with the work of other disciplines.
• Review vendor and shop drawings, and construction materials.
• Perform field inspections and provide professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Perform Quality Control (QC) activities related to concrete.
• Perform investigation of distressed/damaged structures and prepare repair procedures.
• Prepare interface layouts and provide solutions for conflicts.
• Prepare man-hour estimates and material take-offs.
• Prepare technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
• Prepare requests for geotechnical investigations.
Experience and Qualifications
• A recognized degree in Civil Engineering with fifteen (15) years minimum post-graduate professional experience.
• A post-graduate degree in Structural Engineering is desirable.
• Registration as a Professional/Chartered Engineer is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Experience in design and construction related to large scale community development projects which included housing of reinforced concrete and precast concrete construction, power plant. Sewage treatment plant, desalination plant, schools and recreational facilities.
• Must be fully conversant with Uniform Building Code and Standards (UBC), American Concrete Institute (ACI) Codes and Steel Construction Manual of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC).
• Must have sound overall experience in designing reinforced concrete (cast-in-place and precast construction), structural steel and masonry structures.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.