A hands-on procurement, people, and project management role with one of Qatar’s most significant organizations.
One of Qatar’s most significant, diversified organizations.
* Manage the planning and execution of simple operational procurement processes (quantity, standards, planning the introduction and phasing out of products, materials and services as identified / highlighted by the Internal customer) to increase the service levels, efficiency, purchasing contribution while optimizing processes;
* Translate requirements of internal customers into purchase orders to ensure the timely availability of specified materials, products and/or services;
* Advise and consult on the requirement identification and offer alternate / substitutes as and where appropriate;
* Monitor and expedite the control of requisitions from ordering to delivery of materials, products and services to achieve shortest lead times;
* Coordinate with Supplier Management (in conjunction with partner functions, e.g. Strategic Purchasing & Contract Management, Quality, Logistics, Finance etc.) to use the best suppliers and to guarantee an optimum supply chain;
* Prepare, conduct / participate in negotiations /renegotiation and initiate appropriate measures so as to guarantee supplies of ad-hoc materials, products and services and formalize corresponding purchase orders / call offs
* Ensure that all the Procurement Execution related documentation is up-to-date, current, complete and available at all times;
* Implement alternative procurement sources to minimize stocks, replacement times, inventory levels and costs of ad-hoc supplies;
* Ensure that business is not conducted with the black listed vendors and the list of the same is updated in coordination with the Supplier Management function at all times;
* Ensure that the relevant policies and procedures for the department and the Procurement Execution function are followed and opportunities to optimize the same are highlighted on a regular basis;
* Ensure operations/work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to which compliance is required;
* Provide recommendations on new subordinate hires and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities;
* Supervise subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results;
* Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism;
* An attractive opportunity with one of Qatar’s most significant entities with significant room for growth
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent;
* Accredited Procurement / Supply chain certification is preferable.
* 6 – 8 years’ experience in Purchasing/Procurement;
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial role.
* Corporate / General Procurement, Commercial Negotiations, Procurement strategies, WCP methodology;
* Strong knowledge of local and international Procurement laws and procedures;
* Strong knowledge of Procurement techniques, procedures and policies;
* Strong knowledge of sources of supply, market trends and pricing practices;
* Strong Negotiation skills.
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.