Our client, a large facilities management company is currently looking for a QHSE and Compliance Manager to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage the outputs of the QHSE Department in delivering Occupational Health & Safety, Risk Management, Compliance support to the Company, and Business Continuity.
• Act as the Management Representative for the purposes of ISO 9001 compliance
• Maintain the company Business Risk Register and to provide risk management guidance to the General Manager and the Management Team
• Act as the Compliance Manager, maintaining the company standards, legal & compliance register and to support all departments and the company to be in conformance with relevant legislation enacted and mandated requirements
• Act as the Business Continuity Manager, responsible for the establishment of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) programme, implementation, and monitoring as required by NCEMA standard
• Act as the Fire & Life Safety Manager, responsible of leading the entire team during an emergency
• Through process of instruction, training, monitoring and internal auditing to ensure the effective and efficient provision of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental supervision for the company
• Assume responsibility for implementing and supervising the company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental processes, ensuring that safe working practises are always maintained.
• Provide management, supervision, and guidance for the members of the QHSE Department
• Implement and monitor company Occupational Health & Safety, Environment, Quality Assurance, Business Continuity Management Systems, processes and procedures
• Ensure company’s policies, processes and procedures are in line with all regulatory and ethical standards and conform to the requirements of parent companies
• Review departmental job specific risk assessment and support in preparation of method statements
• Undertake Health, Safety and Environmental Inspections of workplaces
• Carry out and/or support in undertaking Accident/Incident investigation, analysis and reporting
• Ensure to establish emergency drill programme for the campus, evaluate the facilities management team performance, and monitor evacuation of building occupants
• Review ‘change of use’ requests for modification of building function or room usage and provide approval in line with UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice and other relevant requirements
• Ensure that company’s complies with the requirements of UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Holder of a bachelor’s degree preferably in an Occupational Health & Safety Engineering related subject
• Hold a recognised qualification in Health and Safety supervision, minimum NEBOSH International General Certificate or its equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years in a Management level role
• Minimum 5 years, of work experience in a Health and Safety Supervisor/Advisor role preferably in a Facilities Management or Property Management
• Highly motivated flexible individual with energy and drive and have a minimum of 5-year experience as a QHSE Engineer/Supervisor/Advisor.
• Systematic and pragmatic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to be an objective investigator and who is tactful and has good ability to report with clarity and accuracy.
• Possess strong planning and organisational skills with good ability to manage the departmental outputs.
• A thorough understanding of the federal and local occupational health & safety, and environmental regulations applicable to the UAE.
• Registered OSH Practitioner through Abu Dhabi Occupational Safety & Health Scheme (OSHAD Qudorat) – Grade A/B or registered through an official government safety practitioner registration scheme
• Strong audit-related expertise and experience, including understanding of compliance requirements, monitoring guidelines, and standards e.g. QMS – ISO 9001, OHSMS – ISO 45001, EMS – ISO 14001 and trained and certified as an Internal Auditor
• Good knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and NCEMA standards
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English language, and ability to write generate manuals, procedures, work instructions, reports, risk assessments, etc.
• Ability to deliver OH&S Training to a multi-cultural and ethnically diverse workforce
• Good knowledge of MS Office based software systems, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle tasks efficiently, prioritising as required.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider
that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.