– The Electrical engineering department at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is seeking a researcher having experience with the areas of Power Electronics and Control Systems.
– Specifically, the research will focus on the design, implementation, and performance testing of advanced controls for renewable energy conversion systems for both grid-tied applications and stand-alone applications.
– The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in the control of power electronics.
– Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
– Familiarity with the control of power converters.
– Strong programming skills, including use of Matlab
– Experience working with dSPACE and/or DSP
– Strong academic background in power electronics
– Advanced knowledge in control
– Experience with wind/solar energy conversion system.
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.