IBM Middle East Security Operations Manager
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Middle East Country Security Operations Manager is directly responsible for implementing risk assessment, physical security, information protection, investigations, and emergency management programs identified in the IBM Corporate Security Manual and IBM Legal Instruction.
– Align security and emergency programs with IBM Middle East Business Objectives.
– Manage the integrated security organization and assist in ensuring that standardized security processes; full implementation of Corporate Security implemented tools and programs and eliminating non-core mission activities.
– Ensure that all probable and one time high consequence risks to IBM Middle East business operations are identified and mitigating measures implemented to reduce risk.
– Ensure that IBM Middle East facilities meet established IBM Corporate Security Manual (SECMAN) requirements and oversee the management of all IBM Corporate Security Databases and oversee the effectiveness of the MSA and Security Business Controls mechanisms.
– Ensure that the IBM Middle East is properly accomplishing incident, CMT and hotline reporting and that incident and other investigative reports are proper in format and terminology as established by the Corporate HQ.
– Manage client security programs through delivery teams to ensure that contracted security requirements are properly implemented and to assist delivery teams with client audits of customer areas.
– This also includes Strategic Outsourcing engagements.
– Participate in liaison with external bodies, including law enforcement, government, and other companies’ security functions, and continue to build and promote personal contacts with the authorities to maximize our preparedness against possible external threats.
– Provide investigative advice and participate in major case investigations as required.
– Maintain regular liaison with other IBM entities involved with investigations, to include, HR, Internal Audit, AP and Corporate IBM Security Investigative teams.
– Support audit programs for external and internal IBM clients.
– Oversea the Executive Protection Program for IBM Middle East.
– Oversea the IBM Middle East Security and Emergency Planning Awareness Programs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Experience in corporate security operations which includes risk assessment, physical security, information protection, investigations, and emergency management programs
– Good experience in security audit and compliance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– MNC org experience
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.