Oracle is at the forefront of the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. You will help us connect the biggest enterprises of today with the tools to compete in the digital economy of tomorrow.
We have exciting new opportunities opening up supporting Oracle’s cloud business. So, if you are passionate, entrepreneurial, innovative, and believe in being consultative, value focused and having fun whilst you work, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We believe that this architecture role requires a combination of both technical and soft skills. We expect every architect to have strong all-round technical skills, and we believe that the ability to engage with people, communicate an idea and build a consensus is just as important as getting the technical solution right.
You will be accountable for the solution architecture and deployment designs for cloud solutions that deliver against the customer’s business goals and to ensure that functional and non-functional requirements, such as security, integration, network, performance, resilience, service management are fully understood and mapped to Cloud Oracle solutions.
Cloud solution architects take responsibility for architecture from the initial idea through the deployment. You will be involved from the start of a customer engagement, through the design phase and will continue your involvement until the customer has a working solution on Oracle cloud.
You will help ensure solutions are fully adopted, drive positive customer outcomes and generate business and IT value from building long term customer engagement.
In Oracle, you will have a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, and the rewards for your contribution include a compensation and benefits package and a continuous training program in a structured environment that are world class. We always aim to make Oracle a fun and rewarding place to work, and you will be joining hundreds of architects who are always very keen to support and help others.
What You’ll Do
– You will engage directly with the customer to understand their requirements and to identify workloads suitable for implementation.
– With your understanding of the customers’ requirements, you will build a comprehensive and effective solution architecture.
– You will lead the architecture task within a highly collaborative virtual team that includes product specialists, domain specialists and implementors.
– With the team, you will map the solution onto Oracle cloud services and define a target deployment architecture and an implementation plan that delivers a best practice solution for the customer.
– You will make extensive use of standard reference architectures and the architectures you build will be required to be of the highest quality and to adhere to Oracle standards.
– You will work with the sales team to prepare and deliver compelling customer presentations that focus on the benefits of the solution and how it delivers customer value.
– You will work with the implementation team to ensure that the target solution is delivered to the agreed specification, and you will continue to engage with the customer through the implementation until the working solution is in successful use by the customer.
– You will be expected to be an active participant in the Architecture Community within Oracle, both using and contributing to reference architectures.
– The Oracle architecture community is friendly and supportive, and you will be able to call upon the broader community for help, and in time contribute to the community.
– Continually developing our architects is of critical importance to Oracle, and you will be expected to put regular time aside to stay abreast of new technologies, new products and services and to stay very much in touch with emerging technology both inside and outside Oracle.
– Oracle will provide training throughout your career to develop your technical skills and your soft skills.
What You’ll Bring
– Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and customer-centricity will help us become the number one cloud company in the world.
To be successful in this role, there are a number of general architecture skills that you will need:
– The ability to quickly understand existing on-premises customer systems and applications and map those to cloud architectures and solutions
– A good general understanding of cloud architecture and hybrid on premise/cloud designs strong architectural understanding of all technical aspects of a cloud solution including networking, security, integration, resilience and connectivity
– Excellent communication and presentation skills with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management (e.g. IT management, Architects, Administrators, Line of Business leaders and executives) strong collaboration skills and the ability to build virtual teams to deliver broad-based architecture deliverables
– Some experience in engaging and influencing senior leaders would he highly desirable
In addition, a number of technical skills will also be required:
– Hands-on experience of cloud deployments. While any cloud experience will be considered, previous experience of OCI would be highly beneficial every customer solution will require a database, and so a good understanding of database and related technologies will be required.
– Oracle database experience is preferred, but strong knowledge of other databases will also be considered it is expected that every successful candidate will have basic developer skills and be fluent in at least one back-end programming language – e.g. Java, Python etc. – as well as having a working knowledge of SQL
In addition to generalists, we are also especially interested in candidates with four specific areas of experience:
– building, deploying and/or migrating Oracle applications such as E-Business, JDE, Peoplesoft and Siebel building systems for business analytics, data-warehousing, dart marts, data science and big data.
– deploying and managing large custom applications based on Java, Weblogic and Oracle Database, also extending to other technologies
– Database deployment architects and experts with experience of migrating or managing large number of databases.
A career at Oracle is defined by you. We give you the freedom and the skills to write your own success story. Whatever avenue you go down, you’ll gain priceless learning experiences and be supported to do your best work.
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models – including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds – to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.