Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
The Technology Unit within Ooredoo is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable Ooredoo to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. In other words, it’s responsible for the management of all Ooredoo networks, technology infrastructure/ platforms and processes to achieve fast time-to-market, high operational efficiency, and support product/ service innovation, and ultimately drive the financial performance of Ooredoo.
The department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of mobile (macro, metro, micro, femtocell, and picocells) and fixed (converged) active network in terms of day-day on-ground management.
About the Role:
– This role is responsible advancing end-end optimisation and efficiency of all packet based transport networks, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
You should have at least
– 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
– Experience in the telecommunications field operations and maintenance of Transport networks
– Advanced knowledge of Routing & switching, TCP/IP, MPLS, Deep Packet inspection, DNS & BNG/CGN.
– Intermediate skills on automation tools and software programming using Python or similar languages.
– Bachelor’s degree in Telecom, Computer & Communications, Electrical & Electronics Engineering or any other similar stream.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
– Resume / cv
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.