In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you’ll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You’ll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that’s so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The Senior Supervisor of Wardrobe & Costume developed and implement the tools and processes to successfully open and run all aspects of the Costume/Wardrobe department. Designing and producing entertainment costumes and uniforms under IP guidelines and run both sides of the operations in the park.
– Communicate effectively and efficiently with management as well as direct reports and team members
– In coordination with Director of Entertainment, establish and evaluate department policies, procedures and processes.
– As a continuous process improvement and development plan, review regularly with the director and adjust as needed
– Understand safety requirements and ensure the daily emphasis on a safe workplace
– Interface with outside vendors to establish and maintain smooth daily operations
– Setup and maintain the costume/wardrobe inventory system
– Overseeing the organization of Wardrobe storage area
– Work with the company system to create and track weekly team member schedules
– Create and execute training/SOP documents and standards for Costume/Wardrobe team members, create the risk assessments and safety documents for the department
– Develop ongoing training classes and career development tools for team member’s success.
– Set objectives, create milestones and conduct appraisals for direct reports
– Help to identify successors within the team and prepare them for their next accountable roles.
– In consultation with HR, recommend external training’s where required
– Create assessment tests for core competencies needed in the hiring of certain costume/wardrobe team members.
– Develop costumes and looks for seasonal events such as Halloween, Eid, Holi etc.
– Provide budgets to the Director of Entertainment on what needs to be procured in timely manner.
– Constantly work on creating new projects in both costume and uniform side to make the operation more efficient and user friendly.
– Create a safe, fun working environment for our team members.
– Work on designing/developing/producing costume and/or wardrobe for new projects as well as redesigns as necessary.
– Collaborate with the seamstresses to create tech packs for wardrobe production.
– Create and update all Costume/Uniform documentation, including character breakdown, dressing and care specifications.
– Reviewing the laundry operation of Costume & Uniforms to maximize the efficiency and to make it budget friendly.
– Weekly reviews of all shows/venues to ensure quality control of costumes/wardrobe.
– Weekly reviews of the park employees, to understand if their uniforms are up to the park standards
– Track and report financials for daily operating budgets.
– Work closely with Director of Entertainment to flag any budgetary issues.
– Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
– Should have Bachelors / University diploma in fashion designing or 5 years plus experience managing wardrobe or costume departments in Theme Parks, University, Cruise Lines or Live Theater
– 5 years plus experience managing wardrobe or costume departments in Theme Parks, University, Cruise Lines or Live Theater
– Manager or Supervisory experience managing a costume workroom
– Knowledge of sewing/tailoring, cutting/fitting, pattern-making.
– Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
– Proficient in Microsoft office
– Advanced English Skills- both written and spoke
– People and time management
– Ability to communicate with all kinds of people
– Great problem solver
– Ability to work well in a high pressured and fast paced environment
– University Diploma in Theatrical Costuming
– Managerial experience in Wardrobe & Costume under entertainment department
– Minimum 5 years experience in theme parks and/ professional theater / entertainment events management
– Managing inventory systems
– Ability to navigate well on both PC and Mac computers
– Ability to adapt to an ever changing work environment
– Ability to work with many different artistic personalities and staff
– Ability to juggle several different tasks and job responsibilities at the same time
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which will be around 10k – 12k, this includes; housing allowance, & other utilities allowance. Also provides others benefits which includes; comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland – a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014