About PayFort, an Amazon Company:
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PayFort is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PayFort is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
Do you want to develop the next generation Payments products for MEA’s fastest growing e-commerce company? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? If so, join us on Amazon MEA Payments Tech team. We are a group of talented technical professionals that are empowered and driven to build innovative world class experiences for millions of Amazon customers.
The Amazon MEA Payments Tech team is responsible to build product and technology solutions to build great payments products and experiences using various technologies to solve complex problems related to distributed systems, scalable architecture, machine learning, and algorithms.
– As a TPM on our team, you will be responsible for leading the prioritizing and owning roadmap, defining clear requirements, making design decisions, planning and achieving the delivery dates, and launch of some of the core product features.
– You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices to delivery high quality products.
– The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products.
– A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
– You will tackle large complex projects, document complex business rules in a highly distributed team, and understand service-oriented architecture. create reliable, scalable, secure products for our customers in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
– This position requires that you are a significant and autonomous contributor.
– Your work is consistently high quality.
– You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices.
– Your focus is on designing, developing and effectively applying automated solutions that test major portions of software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application, service, etc.).
– You prevent and find defects early.
– You apply software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, etc.
– You build complete test and/or measurement solutions (e.g., performance, load, scalability, usability, etc.)
– You use data from testing, deployment, and production to measure quality and provide actionable improvement to the product.
– You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to make trade-offs.
– Your solutions are pragmatic.
– You plan large scale complex projects, with stakeholders spread globally, manage the delivery plan, and send detailed status reports.
– 7+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
– Experience with agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, etc)
– Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
– Experience with object oriented development and design (preferably in both client and server development solutions)
– Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– A passion for data-driven decision-making
– 10+ years of experience managing complex technology projects
– 3+ years of people management experience
– Superior project management and organizational skills
– Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
– Experience delivering large-scale systems with world-class availability, scalability, and performance requirements
– Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.