Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
The Technology Unit within Ooredoo is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable Ooredoo to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. In other words, it’s responsible for the management of all Ooredoo networks, technology infrastructure/ platforms and processes to achieve fast time-to-market, high operational efficiency, and support product/ service innovation, and ultimately drive the financial performance of Ooredoo. The Service Operation Center division is responsible for managing the Service Operations Centre (SOC) infrastructure and operations in line with the overall Ooredoo technology strategy and ensures all faults are identified, monitored and resolved quickly, performance is monitored and reported on and customers are provided with the levels of service they can expect. Divison is also responsible of managing customer tickets from Service Monitoring & SLA, undertaking cause analysis of customer tickets, solving tickets or reassign to relevant Technology O&M teams where required, tracking and ensuring the timely closure of tickets and the provisioning and configuration in close coordination with relevant Technology BU teams.
About the Role:
– The role is responsible for supporting the SOC team when receiving customer tickets from Service Monitoring & SLA team, undertaking cause analysis of customer tickets, solving tickets or reassigning to relevant Technology O&M teams where required, and tracking & ensuring the timely closure of tickets.
– This role is also responsible to process & provision the B2B orders received from OM teams, and coordinate/support delivery teams till service integration and acceptance.
Minimum Experience, Essential Knowledge & Skills:
– 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
– Good technical knowledge of Network SOC areas – Core, Access, MPLS, Transmission & Passive
– Awareness in networking tools such as U2000 NMS, Spectrum, testing generator (EXFO) etc.
– Excellence skillset and experience with IP Networking, L2/3 Protocols, IPv4, IPv6, BGP, MPLS, as well as an emphasis on SNMP.
– Good knowledge of routers and switches hardware, functionalities and features. example Cisco, Huawei and etc.
– Significant and demonstrable experience in SOC Operations, Service Monitoring and their associated technologies and operations
Proven expertise in fault resolution:
– Ability to understand complex business processes and technical environments.
– Good communication skills including interaction with customers, internal/external senior level business stakeholders.
– Hands-on experience on media platforms like Stream analysers, encoders / decoders / Riverbed
– Knowledge and technical understanding of SS7,SIP and Sigtran protocols.
– Knowledge and technical understanding of international/national voice routings, international Roaming scenarios
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Telecom or Computer & Communications or Electrical & Electronics Engineering
– Preferred Certifications / Other Qualifications
– Telecom Network related certifications
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
– Resume / cv
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.